Friday, April 27, 2012

New Blogger, new post. No promises.

Pictures are on the phone, cord is in the other room. But I'm POSTING.
Little updates on the fam:
AJ got a great job. We moved to Ohio. It's kind of lonely, but AJ got a great job!
H turned 5 and Sweet C turned 1. We had a great little party with some new friends.
H is my super thoughtful kid. He is always helping out (for a 5yo), comforting me when I'm having a rough time, and looking out for his siblings. I think we named him right. H has really got a knack for math. Kind of warms my heart. Those kids may all look like AJ, but maybe there's some of me in there, too.
Speaking of being like me, E still loves to dress up. Sundays for church are the only time I fight it. This Sunday's fight was because he wanted to be "Bone Guy." It's a full skeleton costume including full head mask and gloves and shoe cover things. It's a pretty cool costume. For not church. Lately he has been Raphael from the ninja turtles a lot, but the T rex costume has gotten a fair bit of mileage, too.
Sweet C is still sweeter than you can imagine. She loves people, and toys, and food, and standing, and baths, and climbing, and everything else you can imagine a 1 year old would love. Plus she's a decent napper. She loves waving and clapping. Her words are Dada, very occasionally Mama, and Nanana, which we discovered means food, and all sorts of cutie-pie noises, including raspberries. Oh, how she loves to spit all adorably on me.
And there we are. This little town we're in is 40 minutes from a target or sonic, and more than an hour from chick-fil-a, but somehow we are all still alive. At least the grocer carries Diet Dr. Pepper. Because no one else does. Oh, but we live on over an acre at the end of a dirt road, and the view is spectacular from our hill and the air is fresh and the house is good. The ward is incredibly welcoming. We're good. Promise.

7 comments:

Rowdy Family said...

yay for sweet kids, big yards and dr. pepper! good to hear about your vida.

Karen B said...

We didn't get their birthday presents in the mail yet. My new job is time consuming. So are you planning to stay there when you buy a house or are you still planning to move closer to C-bus?

Heather said...

nice to hear from you Emily! Will look forward tot he pictures in your next post!

Kim said...

We are so happy for you! Big yard, nice view, great job - Hooray! Being far away from stuff is an adjustment I can relate to but trust me you start to enjoy it! Your kids sound cute as always! We miss you and hope you continue to get settled and things keep going well!

chunkymonkey said...

There's a lot I would give up for an acre at the end of a quiet road. A lot. And sonic is one of them. I keep trying to convince Tyler...

And I think a Bones outfit would be perfect for church--illustrate the plan of salvation and all.

mama.s said...

Love the updates in writing and love the comments...chunkymonkey, I can see you illustrating the Plan of Salvation at the next Sharing Time...

Bryce said...

Life is sweet!