Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Toes

Elliot is a tough guy, but he appreciates the pretty and the sparkly of this world. This morning as he watched me put makeup on, he expressed a desire to join the fun. As his parent, I felt it my duty to teach him that generally, makeup is for grown up girls, but I believe in choosing your battles, and this was definitely not one of them. So I put some barely there eyeshadow on him. He looked in the mirror and gleefully hollered "Light brown!"

Fast forward an hour. A few days ago I decided to become my own nail artist, and I painted my big toes watermelon and my little toes seeds. Elliot wanted his nails done too. I limited him to toes and convinced him that he should have his toes be daddy's favorite color: camouflage. You know, to surprise Daddy when he gets home from his business trip tonight.

3 comments:

Heather said...

ha ha ha! I'm laughing...at the thought of AJ coming home to find his son with painted toes!!

Kim said...

You and your children are too cute!

Karen B said...

All the putting of little boys in dresses is paying of in spades.