Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bouncing Baby Boy



So, here he is, our baby boy. We'd show you how we know, but we'll let him have his dignity for now. We have his whole life to embarrass him.

The top photo is when he turned to look at us - you can see his little arm bent, with his hand tucked up under his chin.

The bottom photo is a very nice profile shot. Emily says he has her chin.

Emily is doing well - she seems to be beyond the sickness that she had been experiencing earlier on. Now, it's some back and growing pains. She's hanging in there though.

14 comments:

Ann said...

YAY! We love boys! Or as Tyler said when we got the news of our latest boy "Boys are better!" (And, AJ, boy diapers are easier to change than girl diapers)

Heather said...

Hooray! Hooray! Boys are certianly fun, I think boys first are a great way to get intorduced into parenting!

After the holidays I'll start buying out the fabric stores!!!

Karen B said...

Fetey doesn't look at all like I imagined. Not like Lord Voldemort, not like an eel, not like the scream and not like oranges in tube socks, not like the soy sauce bottles stacked up at Akashi. Way to not grow a wierd creature baby.

Michelle said...

Ha! We can start matching up our babies! We're having a girl!

Anonymous said...

A BOY!!! Congratulations. Boys make wonderful 1st kids! We love boys at our house!!! How exciting for you!!!

karin said...

Ditto to Tyler and Ann. DO we really know how to do little girl hair anyways?

If I had little boy clothes I would send them but the lovely storage unit in Texas is keeping them safe (and I don't think I have anything smaller than 6mo.).

Ann said...

I have all the little little boy clothes. But don't worry- Evan is almost out of 0-3 months, and he hasn't even worn everything once yet. It will still be brand new when I send it on.

chunkymonkey said...

Congratulations! The best part about having a boy: its ok if the little face has scratches and scars from learning how to walk, run, leap and fly (or at least try).

Wonderful first pictures. He is very photogenic already!

shauni said...

Congrats! boys are so much fun. I do think that his profile looks like you.

Anonymous said...

Fetey is a lot more popular than you are.

AJ said...

Ali is right - this is our all time record for comments.

Karen B said...

I put up pictures of your old house on my blog.

Rachel said...

I am such an idiot - I told you today that I had not seen your blog and the baby pictures, but I went back to it after our conversation and realized I had - right when you sent out the e-mail. And I neither remembered that I had done so nor that the baby is a boy (early Alzheimer's??). Anyway, I love you both (and the baby BOY), and will definitely plan on driving down this year to see you. By the way, Leah the Wandering Jew is doing fine - she has been through a lot. A long car ride back to Virginia. But I will get her back to you (although in much shorter pieces than when she first came to me, but - - - ) love, Rachel Terry

Anonymous said...

You're getting Leah back? This is fantastic news for you!