Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday is a Special Day!

Long, hot showers are one of the best parts of my day, any day. Getting out is a hassle. The drying, the lotion, the face care, the getting dressed, the hair-doing; it's exhausting. So everyday after I shower I want to go back to bed. That's why I very recently love Saturdays. This morning, I did lay down after the shower routine, while AJ made me a delicious breakfast. At one point from the kitchen I heard something to the sentiment of "Wa-HOO!" which isn't really Mellow AJ's style. He came rushing into the bedroom to announce "You would be so proud of me, Emily! I just successfully flipped a pancake the size of the big frying pan without using the spatula!!" And he went back to cooking, and I went back to resting. Then we ate.

In other news, last night was my big work Christmas party. Loads of good food, open bar (which didn't affect me until I realized they would make me a cranberry juice/ginger ale with a maraschino cherry with a little plastic sword in it, but by then it was too late and it was a cash bar and I said forget it, I'm going for dessert now.) Of the thousand or so people that were there, I saw 2 that I knew. I tried to dance, but I only lasted about 20 minutes, because it turns out having a big fat fetus in you does affect your dance style. It was Vegas themed, so we got fake money, and we blew it all. AJ wants me to mention that Ptd. Hinckley is right, and we oughtn't play Texas Hold 'Em, fun as it may be. You lose it all. It was a fun evening.

5 comments:

karin said...

You LOVE Saturdays but I don't. Our normal routine is off and there are so many people around. I don't mind the people but nothing really gets done because there are so many people around. I should mention that Bryan is washing 3 cars and Mom is mowing the lawn and weeding. And we went to Jill's graduation very early (9AM) this morning.

Ann said...

I love Saturdays, too. Pie doesn't have seminary and gets up with our little crazies so I can sleep in. It gives me more energy to nag the boys to get their Sat. chores done.

Anonymous said...

Little did you know how special your Saturday would really be!

Ryan and Katie said...

I love Saturdays too. I don't have to be to work until 10:30 so I get to sleep in an extra 2 HOURS. But my favorite day is Wednesday, because I don't have to work at all! (and Sundays too)

Karen B said...

Feel free to make Saturday a special day at my house too. I grow a new dog every week with all the shedding.