Sunday, September 14, 2008

Big Boy

H is nesting, too. At my insistence. Yesterday I decided it was high time H could do more than just pick up his toys and books and throw away trash.
It really worked out perfectly since for some reason all the smudges are within his reach. Hm. Mopping didn't go so smoothly, and I have no photographic footage anyway.

H loves wearing shoes, I think mostly because it means we're going out. But he also just loves shoes. One of his favorite activities is to take all the shoes out of the shoe bucket and line them up. We couldn't be prouder.

Please ignore the ground-in goldfish crackers. I swear I vacuum about every day, but I can't make every photo look like we don't love in filth. Truth tends to rear its ugly head when I'm behind the camera.

Last week we dressed up H in some of his dad's old duds. This adorable denim suit is fresh from the late 70s. He got so many compliments at church. Here he is letting us know that it's time for family prayer. That kid seriously loves to pray. As long as it doesn't go over about a minute.
Here he is asleep with puppy on his head. Looking at it reminds me how much he loves his belly and my belly. I think AJ's belly weirds him out though because it isn't big and round and hairless like ours. But belly definitely wins for favorite body part.

H's vocabulary is growing like crazy, too. The other day I was feeding Baby Leah a bottle and as I tipped her back her feet went up in the air. I said "H, isn't this funny? Baby Leah's feet are in the air!" and he responded by reaching over to her foot and saying "Tickle, tickle!" Still can't say "Thank you," or "Mother, I'd appreciate a diaper change right now and I'm in the mood to eat spaghetti for lunch," but I"m confident we'll get there. Tomorrow. j/k.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I appreciate that he has jobs to do at home...and he looks like he's good at doing them! And I LOVE his little church(?) outfit--so funny that AJ still has some of that stuff for H to parade around in proudly.
And the difference in big boy bellies and little boy and mommy bellies was pretty funny!

Stephanie said...

You are getting mightly close to the end my friend. I'm sure you're feeling it more than anyone. H is getting so big. I had to laugh at the picture with the stuffed dog on his head because Logan used to do that with his pillow. He would only sleep if it was on top of him.

Lisa said...

Ok, H is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen. I mean, how many kids do you know that can pull off a denim suit? Andrew sleeps with his "doggie" over his head too. Maybe it's a guy thing?

Anonymous said...

He is such a big boy these days. He's very un-baby like with all his walking, talking, and cleaning. Good thing you're having another baby soon.

karin said...

Denim suit- LOVE.

Cleaning- LOVE MORE.

Praying- LOVE the MOST.

Your boy is adorable.