Monday, September 15, 2008

End of the Line

Here's the deal: I'm full term. In theory, this baby could show up any day. (Realistically, H was late enough for an induction, so I'm not holding my breath right now.) We have been informed by the nice doctor and tech that we will be having a boy. We have a short list for names, but I'm still open to suggestions and now here's the opportunity that I wish everyone would ask of me. I love naming people and pets and things and personalizing it to that family, and I don't know why it is so much harder for me.

Since H's name is old-fashioned, unusual, and personally meaningful to us, I sure would like those qualities in his little brother's name. I don't know if I want to share the short list with you, because I don't want to stamp down any ideas before they form. On the other hand, it's easier to get a feel for how people name if you know some they already like. Okay, here are some names both AJ and I like. Gosh. Twist my arm, why don'tcha? Jonas, Gideon, and Sebastian.

What else you got?

11 comments:

Heather said...

I vote for sebastian!

And since you asked, I like Selby (Aaron says NO WAY JOSE), Allen, Reed and Clark (for obvious reasons!).

Anonymous said...

You know my soft spot for Manfred this time. Little Manny or Freddy.

karin said...

Benjamin is my vote (for obvsious reasons...one being I am here now). I will have to think of the others I thought of the other day (they might not be the same ones as I can not remember my own childrens' names most of the time these days).

Cynthiana said...

I like Jonas, also Jonah. Our family is obviously all about old testament names so here were other favorites we might have chosen but didn't, Abraham(a nice family name for you), Ezra, Moses,Malachi. We think what ever you name your second boy he'll wear it well.

Kristy said...

I love Gideon. And Caleb (not on your list, but whatever!).

Taliatha said...

Wow, I can't believe you're open to comments and suggestions--you really are an emotionally secure person! I like your short list. Gideon seems totally boss!!

Anonymous said...

what about Joseph?

Elizabeth said...

my vote is for gideon...sebastian is one of my favorite names in the world though.

having said that, my real vote is for abaforth...or aberforth which ever. aberforth would have that personal connection that you two are looking for, however.

Peanut said...

I like Gideon, maybe because it reminds me of 7 brides for 7 brothers, and who doesn't love those Pontipee boys? I also like Gabriel.

But the real reason for my comment...it's time for us to get together for lunch again. Do you want to schedule something before the baby comes or after? :)

Steven Beckstrand said...

How could you forget the bestest name in the whole world. Yes, Steven.
No? I know not why.

Well how about Shay, Stan, Scott, (get the hint)...

chunkymonkey said...

I am just glad you aren't considering Samsonite. Luggage. Hah!

I tend to go w/Karin on this one. Benjamin is a fave--one I can't ever use.