Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lunch

Here I am, an official stay at home mom. It's pretty fabulous so far. :) Today we had to go to Target (had to - ha! It's a pleasure) and the boys were great. E started teething and he has been so miserable, but he did great at Target. Anyway, I got H a bag of popcorn and me a drink since I didn't anticipate the opportunity to nap today. (I created the most delicious thing ever, btw: a squirt of DC, a squirt of Cherry Coke, fill the rest with Dr. Pepper. Awesome.)

We get home & it's lunchtime, so I sit H down with his popcorn and some vegetables with Parmesan cheese, and some juice. Quit judging. He doesn't go hungry and in the long-ish run he gets all the nutrients he needs. Anyway, I peek in on him and he's got his fork in the popcorn bag, spearing a kernel, and he's singing to himself about an apricot tree.

Besides teething, E scoots quite a bit. And nobody loves attention like this baby of mine. Well, maybe I do. I'm trying hard to get videos and pictures right now, but I'm struggling a bit. Don't worry, though, I have the rest of my life here to figure it out. Sigh!

4 comments:

karin said...

I am glad you are enjoying retirement so much. It is the little, day-to-day things that make all the hard things worth it.

Kristy said...

Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying it. And, OP won't even really look at vegetables, so yay for H actually eating some! I have a lovely picture of him singing while eating popcorn with a fork. Priceless. :)

Stephanie said...

Happy Retirement! It's probably going to feel weird for a while. I used to get bored pretty easily. Now, I love the days where I can stay home all day long with my kids and just hang out.

chunkymonkey said...

Yay, yay, yay for you! And yes, please on the photos and videos (but who am I to talk when I post as inconsistently as I do)