Sunday, July 05, 2009

E updates

We found out E is allergic to eggs and I was scared out of my mind. So if you happen to be around my angel baby, please don't give him any eggs. His face gets all red and splotchy and itchy, then later when you think everything is okay he explodes out of both ends. We ended up throwing that outfit away.

In the few days since he's gotten truly mobile, he has turned into the fastest little scooter I've ever seen. If anyone has little microfiber jammies in size 9 months, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. My hardwoods could use a little TLC.

Retirement has been fabulous. Of course, finances are tighter, what with no income, but so far we're managing okay. My mom is ready for us to move in at the drop of a hat, though. heh heh heh.

I've been trying for a week to upload a stinkin' video. Sorry. On behalf of blogger, or my video camera, or myself (most likely), I'm sorry.

5 comments:

Mim said...

Yikes! Eggs are in so many things. Are you going to go to an allergist? I've got several friends who have kids with severe food allergies. I can shoot them an email and you can talk to them if you like.

I'm glad you are enjoying retirement! Always look for the positive!

Keriann said...

Wow that's got to be horrible! Eggs really are in a ton of foods. How bad is the allergy? Can he just not eat them plain or are eggs off limits in every way?

Wyatt was strangely allergic to....of all things....watermelon!! Can you believe it? There's nothing in watermelon! It's called WATERmelon for cryin out loud! I couldn't believe it....I'm just glad he grew out of it! How can you live in So Cal and not eat watermelon all summer long?!!

Good luck with the little guy! I hope it gets better with time for him as well. And yeah for retirement! There's just something special about being able to stay home and raise your kids when it's feasible!

karin said...

We have twins in Nursery who are allergic to a few things, including eggs. One can eat eggs cooked in things (not a custard) and the other cannot, their doctor hopes they will outgrow it but not exposing them is key right now.

chunkymonkey said...

I've always read those allergy warnings and thought, who is allergic to eggs? Now I know someone who is! I'm really hoping the kid can have eggs in stuff, because mom's/Nel's chocolate chip cookies are a Gracie fave and it would be sad if she could not share with baby E.

Unknown said...

So far all we know is straight eggs are from Satan. He's had tiny bits of stuff with eggs in them and no bad results, so hopefully we just steer clear of the fritattas & omelets & we'll be fine. (Fingers crossed!)