Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Newsletter?

Daddy: Wait, we call him AJ amongst those of us who know how to read. Whatever.
  • Still contractor at the EPA
  • Still looking for that elusive Big Boy Job
  • Still working with the scouts
  • Threw me the most amazing surprise birthday party this weekend. If you weren't there, I am so sorry. It was awesome.
  • Still as cute as ever
H:
  • Attends Joy School two mornings a week (co-op preschool), and finally loves it
  • Starting to be obedient and helpful like I've never before seen
  • Starting to pester his brother and be obnoxious like I've never before seen.
  • Is developing the cutest imagination. He often assumes a super hero persona he calls "Dr. HAMMER!" who gallops around with a plastic hammer, but as far as I can tell, does not actually possess any super powers.
  • Can distinguish between imaginary friends and real in theory, but still gets a bit irritated when I don't call up and invite his imaginary friends to go out with us
  • Wonder of wonder, he has decided he will use the potty. We've had some successes this week already!
E:
  • Has been under the weather this week, and you look at him and think, aw, he looks so sick! But then he starts acting really cute anyway, which gets confusing, because I at least expect sick behavior from sick children.
  • Has got this budding vocabulary that is downright delightful. Mostly. The other day he looked around at all (his) toys on the floor and said to me, "Messy house." It was more of an observation, maybe even a regret, not a criticizm of me, but still, kid.
  • Is getting really good at singing and praying, but not necessarily at appropriate times. "A-MEN!" when time's up, or "Ooooooh!" when there is no other music to be heard.
Me:
  • Growing like a weed. If weeds grow fat instead of tall.
  • Getting better on the girl issue. There really are some cute little outfits out there. I had to promise AJ I wouldn't buy any more until we actually had a baby and assessed our needs.
  • Enjoying my little boys immensely, despite my constant fatigue and crabbiness.

2 comments:

chunkymonkey said...

Where's the obligitory Christmas Letter photo? You know I live for those.

Maryann said...

I love the Newsletter. Merry Christmas!