I'm doing better now. It's sinking in a little, and H is really cute about helping me pick a baby girl name. It's not that I never wanted a girl. I also cried when we found out H was a boy. But that was just subtle tears sliding down my face, nothing like this. But now I'm on the boy train, and I'm just so confused. Doesn't help that I'm pregnant and emotional and prone to excessive confusion anyway.
Just now: "I will help you keep the baby safe from E, so E doesn't destroy her." -H
Pink is my favorite color, and I love rufflebum tights, and outgrew them myself about 30 years ago. I'm not sure where all this NOOOOO!!! is coming from. I mean, I have some reasons, but guaranteed they're nonsensical and hardly worth putting on a blog. (I set myself up for some mocking, but let's not go overboard here.)
So I guess that's that. Yay! A girl! She'll be so great! And fun! And cute!
5 comments:
I can understand being confused because there are only 3 granddaughters for our parents, 4 including yours-on-the-way. But it will be fun. You do love pink (I do not). And H and E will love her and fight for her attention. And you can start saying "we are soft with her because she is a girl." That will only work until she starts wrestling and fighting with them but still start telling them that while they are young :)
Oh, dear Emily. I cried when I found out E was a girl. Because I did NOT want a girl. I thought of myself as a boy mom and had no use for a girl. Or so I thought. E has been such a huge blessing for me. She's so mellow and snuggly and pleasant, which is a blessed change from the rough, impatient, and forever on the go OP. She's my easy baby. You'd think that the baby would be the one that needs so much from me, but it's OP who's really driving me crazy! It's ok to be upset, but I promise you, this little girl will be exactly right for your family. And, once you start getting ready for her, you'll get more excited. Because little girl stuff is so freaking cute! And, I'm totally excited to make you some super-cute stuff! Love and hugs, dear friend. :)
so excited! I want a little girl to dress up and play with and all those fun stuffs that boys are no good at! Congrats
you will be amazing with your girl! now you have a girl best friend for life! so fun to keep up with you and yours.
Girls are so wonderful. So are boys, of course, and I remember being VERY CONFLICTED with my third pregnancy (which confliction of course no one believed: everyone thought we MUST be trying for a girl), not even knowing if I WANTED a girl. Anyway. It's awesome. Ruffle-buns and pink are even better than expected.
Post a Comment