Thursday, December 15, 2011

Late Night Thor

Wait a minute, I still have a blog??
I realized my thoughts are too long for a facebook status update, so here we are. Tonight we decorated "gingerbread" houses (graham cracker). E (now a vibrant 3 years old) took a two hour nap from 4-6pm. He typically doesn't nap. When he woke up, he ate a little dinner then decorated a fabulous house, then ate, um, a bit of candy.
It is now nearly 11:30pm. He's up. About half hour ago, I hear him whispering loudly in the next room: "H, wake up! Wake UP!!" I went in to stop him from waking his brother to see him on the bunk bed ladder wearing a Thor costume, complete with winged helmet. When I gave him a questioning look, he said defensively, "I wah coewd." (I was cold). When I suggested that he'd be warmest in his bed under the covers, he flopped down and said, "Veocwo." (Velcro). So I velcroed him.
Seeing that he was not about to sleep, I invited him to sit quietly in the office while I did a little work. He cheerfully started making conversation with me. "Where you wok?"
Me: On the computer. I teach a class for a college.
E: I WUV cohwege! Cohwege ih my favowite.
Now he's downstairs with AJ, still dressed as Thor, playing with punching balloons. 3 at a time. He chose those the other day to buy with his birthday money from Nannie and Papa Cy. Excellent purchase, btw.
AJ thinks it's the sugar. I think it's the nap. Either way, we have a very chipper little fella up right now.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Oh my goodness. I can just hear his crackly voice saying "I wa cowd" Totally made my day. That and the bit about college being his favorite. That one's a heart-melter.

Heather said...

hee hee!! Sounds like a little cutie pie!

Maryann said...

That is SO cute! A picture would have made it even better (although I'm already picturing it all in my mind).

chunkymonkey said...

I Wuv cohwege too! And E!