Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween Trunk-or-Treat

This is the "additional info" promised on our friend invitations to the church halloween party:

Tuesday, Oct 29, 6pm-8pm
450 N. Liberty Street

It is potluck, so please bring a dish to share. It is called a chili cook-off, but I don't know that judging will be taking place. Somehow I miss most of the announcements about things. The dinner will be chili in theme, though, so if you are desperate for a very easy appropriate side dish, I recommend a bag of fritos. I will likely bring cornbread or some desserty thing.

I think there will be a parade of the kids in costume (likely a lap around a basketball court).

Most adults are actual grown ups and are too mature or something for costumes, but unless this pregnancy gets the best of me, I will be in costume, and so will AJ if I can convince him. My dream is that our family is the backyardigans, since there are 3 boys and 2 girls for a very limited time in our family. I will be Tasha the hippo, since I'm kind of hippo shaped anyway. AJ will be Pablo the penguin. I just need to get him a bowtie and helicopter beanie.

You'll want to bring a bag of candy to hand out at the trunk-or-treat. This is a trick-or-treat around the parking lot, if you've not done it before. Some people decorate the trunks of their cars all Halloweenishly. I tend to forget to do that, but I figure the important part is the candy anyway.

I think that's it. If you have questions, please call AJ or email him. He's way better at responding to people than I am anyway, which is why we put his info on the invites.

Oh, if you're wondering what we look like not in costume because your kid knows our kid but we don't know each other, here are some pictures:





In the last picture, I'm the one in the pink shirt and AJ is the man holding 2 babies. The smaller one is a loaner. All the other kids are ours.