Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Names! Help!

I love naming babies. It's one of my most favorite hobbies. But it is just so permanent when it is your own.

Now, this poll is not binding. We will still name her what we will, but I'm curious as to your opinions.

 Some of these names are Christmas flavored: Noelia, Stella, Jeanette Isabella. Some have fun background stories: Roxy (although it sounds modern and kind of racy) is after Eliza R. Snow, a stalwart pioneer woman, and the name Roxy was most popular in 1880, which is the same decade of popularity as Hyrum! Others we just like. Or I just like and AJ hasn't poo-pooed yet.

You may vote for as many as you would like, and feel free to comment as to your reasons, or if there are issues I might not be aware of ("there was a serial killer named Evelyn Righter!" or "the initials spell HATER" or whatever)


What should we name this caboose?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

4 comments:

Steven Beckstrand said...

Not that it will sway you but we just named our girl Roxana. So I vote for roxy. We could have the only two Roxi's around. We were also thinking of using Kaia or Elliott. They lost out. Oh and happy freaking birthday. Miss you.

Keriann said...

Ok so when I read Nelly on the list the first thing that popped into my miind was;

"If you wanna go and get high wit me Smoke a L in the back of the Benz-y Oh why must I feel this way?"

So I'm gonna vote a big N-O on that one. Lol If I had to choose one from tgis list I'd say Margaret or Adelaide. They're both different and have fun little short form nicknames. But I'm not convinced the perfect name is up there. Hmm..

Karen B said...

I can't help but think of Nellie Olson from Little House when I hear that name. Plus, it's the go to horse name. It's like Fido for horses. I like Greta but not Margaret. Naming is the hardest.

Kristy said...

I think Margaret or Meghan go the best with your other kids' names, if that's important to you. I'm with Karen B...Nellie has a bad association with Little House! I like Adelaide, but I'd worry about little Haddie getting lost in a sea of Addy's and Maddy's when she gets to school. Ugh...naming girls is the worst! Our very short, very short-lived girl list included Megan, Allison, Alice, and Caitlin. Nothing too exciting, but some more ideas just in case. Good luck, friend!