Friday, November 07, 2014

Politics

Don't be alarmed, I am not going to tell you my political leanings and why you, too, should be . . . you know, leaning. {anyone??} I want to talk about my kids, of course, because that's what stay at home moms drown in. Children and their antics.
As many of you know, this past Tuesday was election day. So the evening before, we had a family home evening about voting and whatnot. AJ had sent me this link earlier:

http://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=q_us_ob5#more

We decided to use it to teach our kids about current issues.

Well.

Surprisingly, AJ and I found that our answers yielded different candidates. His was a straight ticket, and I got a mixed bag. But when we tried to do it as a family . . . hoo-boy. Our little boys (ages 6 and 7) are VERY different politically. Nearly every issue got different responses. I did try to present the issues fairly and explain both sides, then after a little discussion if necessary, AJ and I would share our views. Still. So I tried to balance the answers between the boys (the girls (ages 3 and 10 months) had nothing substantial to add). As a family, it turns out, we should vote almost exclusively for the Green Party. Wha??

And that, folks, is why each person should fill out their own ballot. I barely even like nature, for one.

Now for some pictures, because pictures are fun.
 Jill & me, having some sister time

 Baby Ainsley, with her favorite toy at the library
Family at the zoo. Yes, that's a dinosaur.

One more thing. I like to listen to NPR in the car and the other day I overheard my little sons discussing the news story. Then, "Ebola? Why did the man from the library die, Mama?"
Took me a minute. Liberia. 
Kids. 

3 comments: