Saturday, May 06, 2006

One Whole Year

Yesterday was AJ's & my first anniversary. In honor of that, I've compiled a partial list of reasons I love him:
  • He’s cute. Really cute.
  • He’s smart.
  • We can talk for hours, days, years.
  • He always tries to be good, and he’s quite successful.
  • He bought me a flashing toothbrush on my 2 year flossing anniversary.
  • He works hard to make me feel loved & wanted.
  • Despite a crappy childhood, he’s managed to become the best person I know. This apple has worked diligently, and still works, to roll farther and farther from the tree.
  • He’s strong. Seriously, you should see his arms.
  • He gets this cute little grin every time he says something he thinks is clever, so even if it’s lame, he makes me laugh.
  • He’s really handy.
  • He’s a good shopper, and he enjoys it more than I do.
  • He’s humble.
  • He has big dreams of making the world a better place. And we’re going to do it.
  • If I ask nicely, he’ll do almost anything.
  • This one time I was up to my ears in stress and frustration, and he was like, “Why don’t you take a bath?” but I didn’t want to because the tub wasn’t clean. So he scrubbed the bathtub, drew me a bubble bath, and lit the candles.
  • He supports me in any crazy idea I get in my head that I want to do.
  • His all-time favorite movie is Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. No kidding.
  • He indulges me in my little quirks, like calling the houseplant by her given name and taking butter out of the dish the prettier way.
  • Once I had this insane craving for chili-dogs. He prepared the most romantic chili-dog dinner you could imagine.
  • He encourages me to go beyond myself.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Oh how sweet! Now I kinda want to marry AJ! (Just kidding, Em!)

Heather said...

emmie- what a sweet tribute to your hubby. I can't get over that he cleaned the tub so you could take a bath...wow, that is like way beyond amazing!

Sam and Fam said...

Bill & Ted? That's because Abe Lincoln is in it. Besides, let me point out yet again, the 80's rule, and it was another 80's classic!