Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Viva Las Vegas!

Recently, AJ and I signed up for a free Las Vegas weekend - 4 days and 3 nights, lodging, $100 in gas cards, a free show, etc., all for the small price of sitting through a short time-share dealio, with the option of auditioning for a game show hosted by THE Alan Thicke. More than the Vegas trip, I wanted the audition. We went last weekend. It was awesome. Except that I like people-watching, and it's almost pornographic to do in Vegas because modesty tends to not be a big priority among that crowd.

This is us at our screening for the game show with our interviewer Phil.

This is AJ eating the most awkward treat he has ever eaten: it's a candy apple, but with caramel / chocolate drizzed popcorn around the apple.


Here's some sharks and fish at Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. There aren't very many family friendly attractions in Las Vegas, so we did everything decent we could find for less than an arm and a leg. In fact while talking to one of the ticket ladies, I was like, "act like we have a 4 year old with us," and she was all, "do you?" "Um, no," I responded. It got kind of confusing at that point.

Here I am at the touch-pool at Shark Reef. You are witnessing me touching a stingray (squishy). Later I touched an actual shark (like wet sandpaper)! AJ touched these things, too, but since he's a tough man, touching sharks and rays is the kind of thing he does in his sleep, and without all the squealing that accompanied my experience with the touch-pool.

Here we are eating our mideval dinners at the Tournament of Kings at the Excaliber. We were seated in the French section, which at first disappointed me, because I wanted to be either in the dragon section or in the Russian section, but in the end, our little king was so adorable I was glad we weren't losery Russians or dragons.

5 comments:

karin said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time, even if it was Vegas. I would have a hard time eating that chicken (bones and all) but it looks delicious even being in ya'll's mouths.

*I tried to chat with you at 9:53*

Ann said...

That looks like such a fun trip!

But what about the gameshow? Did you get on?

Sam and Fam said...

Well, we know what side of the family the vegitarian's are on. Ok, not my side either. You guys are fun!

Heather said...

lots of fun! I have heard those time share people are real slick.

That touch pool looks cool, I'd like to try that some day!

Anonymous said...

The Tournament was one of my favorite things. We may take you up on the used car thing if you are around this August:). How is the project going? AJ looks like he had a blast:).