Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Boat load a money

We went to Lowe's yesterday and spent more money than I earn in a week. We got rugs and more light fixtures than you would guess even went into a 1500-ish square foot home. And we aren't even replacing all of them!

Also, after scraping the cieling of the smallest bedroom last week, we decided we'd hire someone else to do it. Because what a nasty mess. We found a guy who would scrape, patch, & paint the ceilings in the whole house for only slightly less than I net in a month. I think he'll be worth every penny. Then we'll clean the floors and we're ready to move in!

There is the issue of the kitchen. It's currently a lovely burnt sienna. I'm serious, it is pretty, but our kitcheny stuff is red. Not so pretty together. Please respond to the poll. I like polls, love surveys, and enjoy filling out forms. Hope you do, too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted for the dark green (specifically olive), but I'm more bold than most people. My second choice would be the pale gold we discussed. My kitchen is "Anjou Pear" from sherwin williams. Going one shade lighter on that palate would be nice. Although, I would really want to see several paint chips in the room before I made a solid decision.

karin said...

Um, I don't know what chair rail you are talking about so I couldn't vote for that. I like green and blue. As I am commenting, I thought " red pots, green walls, is that too Christmas-E?" Just a thought.

I am excited to see what the finished result is.

chunkymonkey said...

I am into a white kick right now, so I voted white, although I am using white just to establish a little balance and empty space right now. It is clean and it opens up a little room.

That said, I also said slate blue, because I am trying to match my house to actual slate. It just transfers over(what I am doing) bc I haven't seen your house.

chunkymonkey said...

I just looked below and saw the photo of the kitchen. I'd like to take back my white vote. And I like red and blue together, still stuck in the Americana stage, I guess, although I think you could make it look now.... Actually, with a green, the right green, you could make it very Now, ya know, Tuscan or retro...

Ryan and Katie said...

My vote is for the slate blue. White is too plain, green is as Karin said...too Christmas-ee, and I'm not a big fan of gold.

On another note, I always thought that the expression was a "butt load of money." Boy was I wrong.

Karen B said...

I need to see the paint samples before I can decide. I can't just pick a color and know what it is.

Anonymous said...

With the right green it won't be Christmasy. The reason the two colors work so well is because they are opposites on the color wheel. A light gold will also look great, but a bright gold would look like the golden arches.

Ann said...

My kitchen is pale gold/yellow and red, so I voted gold. Have fun!

AJ said...

I can't believe the color of our kitchen got more comments than our honeymoon and actually buying the house.

Shows what I know.