Monday, May 05, 2008

Anniversary the Third

Today is our 3rd wedding anniversary. Yes, that's right, we were married 05-05-05. We chose that date on purpose. Aren't we cute/cheesy? It's also my grandmother's 85th birthday today. Happy birthday, Grandma!
AJ is very swamped with a school project that is due tomorrow and he's been working on like crazy. He still plans on asking his professor for an extension. So we decided to defer any anniversary celebration until probably next weekend. We didn't know we needed to send out that memo to the neighborhood.
When we moved in, a neighborhood cat decided we could own it. I disagreed, but Mr. Fluffers, as I began to call her, insisted. We have never fed this little beast. We do not pet her. But she comes over and meows and gets all friendly like. I was chatting with our next door neighbor once and he mentioned our cat. Whoa, pal, we don't own a cat! Anyway . . .
We pulled into the driveway yesterday afternoon to find that our birdbath had been stolen and replaced with the ugliest, pinkest birdbath you ever did see. I was shocked. And in broad daylight! Why didn't a neighbor stop them! I jumped out of the car to see this monstrosity, only to discover that it was an anniversary gift from Mr. Fluffers, the little rascal. Complete with glitter floating in it. For photos, look here. Innocent Karen had nothing to do with this and hasn't been planning it since January.

7 comments:

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

Happy Day to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Cinco de Mayo too!

Karen B said...

Mr. Fluffers LOVES you.

Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I think Mr. Fluffers is your cat. Have you met cats? They are the boss of everything.

Also, Happy Birthday Grandma Stewart, whom I've only met once.

Aleese and Scott said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't that crappy how school always seems to get in the way of special occasions. Oh well at least you will be able to celebrate next week.

SAHMmy Says said...

Happy Anniversary! That's a very involved prank! Funny :)

karin said...

You did celebrate. I talked to you during your work Cinco de Mayo party.