My hairstylist in Utah is named Courtney. She is not only my stylist, but the Hairstylist Of The Stars (HOTS). That girl is amazing. I walk in in an emotional uproar almost demanding a purple Mohawk, and Courtney is able to help me achieve my desire for drastic change and turn it into a bob with caramel low-lights. I have never gotten a haircut from her that I didn't LOVE. She makes me feel pretty.
Beyond her hair skillz, she is a wonderful friend. She was my older sister's roommate for 4 years. She is an absolute delight to be around. And when our lives got busy, chances are I needed a haircut, so we took the opportunity to catch up.
She came to California and did my wedding hair. It was the most beautiful day of my life.
I tell her my needs, and she makes my hair match those needs. I never needed to show any pictures, she always just knew.
Tuesday I went to get my haircut for the first time in North Carolina. Yes, we've lived here a year and a half. Don't judge. I had my mom trim it at Christmas, at least. Anyway, I found a nice looking salon on the Internet that is close-ish to my work. I made the appointment and went Tuesday afternoon. Her name was Kat, and she had the bluest eye-shadow I have ever seen. Now, she did a fine job on my hair. Exactly what I asked for. I had to do some prodding to get her to tell me the things I needed to hear (versatility, ease of styling, etc.) But it was such a lonely feeling. I wanted to ask her how things were going with Joseph, what crazy antics her mom had done lately, you know, stuff. I am seriously almost in tears as I type this.
Like I said, the haircut was fine. And I love having other people wash my hair and style it. It's just luxurious. But I miss HOTS.
Sorry I don't have a picture for you. I just tried to take a decent one with my phone here in my cube but my work husband called me on it and I'm too embarrassed to keep trying. Got rid of the layers, it's shoulder length with super long bangs. Tuck-behind-the-ear long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I don't judge you for living in North Carolina. I was born in North Carolina. That's where my people are from.
I only judge the SOUTH Carolinans.
Why didn't you ask for our girl? Annaliza is great. She is the bes stylist I've ever had.
Emily looks good with her new do. I even noticed.
Sorry about the hair cut trauma. Not that the haircut was trauma, but I'm sure it was weird having someone other than HOTS do it. She's been doing mine for almost 8 years now...I'll probably cry when I have to find someone new. I'm sure your hair looks fab, though!
I have been having Courtney cut my hair for a while too- when I lived in Texas and now I am waiting until we go to Utah this fall (I MUST go to Utah during football season!) for my haircut. I am donating it and it HAS to look good when it is that short and she understands my hair- the need for it to look cute curly AND straight. And her stories are pretty great too (but really once you have a bad cut, that is really more important than all her fabulous stories).
I think you should post a photo when you get home from work.
a good stylist is worth her weight in gold!
I too am lamenting the distance between here and that lovely day spa where Courney works her magic. Alas!
Your stylist is something that you just can't replace it will take time for you to build that new relationship. I'm sure you look great. :)
Thanks for stopping over at my place.
We moved 2 1/2 years ago; I've had my hair cut exactly once since then--traveled back to my old stylist! I don't have your email--try the generic dish soap. I did test Ajax liquid and Palmolive and they cleaned OK but didn't shine things up like the Dawn.
I can't wait to see it! And- I miss Courtney also. who am I kidding, I miss all the roommates...
Being in a new place is tough. I always hated having to look for two things: a doctor and a hair dresser!
Regarding your question about flax seed that you left on my blog. I'm not sure if it can go stale or not. I do keep mine in the fridge and I've had it a long time. I have Bob's Red Mill. It's ground up pretty fine, so it doesn' get to gritty in the smoothie as long as you don't put too much in:)
Changing stylists is so hard!!
I plan my trips home around haircut time so i can stop and have the honor of a HOTS haircut. Man, I know you love it out there, but you are surely missed.
Post a Comment