You all get to hear about Emily all the time. That's a lot of fun. But just to stir things up a bit, I thought I'd tell you what I've been up to:
The fun thing around here is that since there is such a close democratic primary, politicians actually care about us this time around in North Carolina. The other fun thing is that since I'm going to such a large state university, they actually send people to see us. I was walking down the hall the other day and to my surprise, there stood Sean Astin campaigning for Hillary Clinton. So of course I had to stop and talk to him. He makes my list of pleasant celebs I've met in person. Not that I've met a whole lot, but so far the list includes Michael Peterson, Deana Carter and Sean Astin

I did not however, chant Ru-dy, Ru-dy, Ru-dy... or make any hobbit jokes. I'm extremely satisfied with my new found self control. I also got Emily his autograph on a Hillary campaign poster. When I brought it home, she announced that she is going to vote for Hillary now. I think she's serious. I also think it's fun that the people she was going to vote for this fall encompass pretty much all of the candidates now. It happened in this order (or close to it, sometimes she was between two candidates): Huckabee (until she learned a little more about him, then she was embarrassed), Romney, Ron Paul, Obama, McCain, and now Hillary Clinton. Maybe we'll have an independent that comes through in a few months, who knows?
This next set of photos makes me wonder about my life. It seems poop is about as important to me as meeting a celebrity. Is there a connection?:


H's best friend Leah visits us about 4 times a week. Recently she had some bowel issues. I got to clean up. Yes, all of the brown on her somehow made it out of the diaper. I say somehow, but I know why - that thing was more full than any other diaper I've ever seen in my life. She's not even on solids yet.
Next, in case you didn't know, the H is the King of Chipotle. He tries to make it every Thursday, but it doesn't always work out:




And finally, Emily and I went roller skating with the church youth a few months back. Emily posed:

I guess now that I've looked back through the post, the real title should have been "I'm glad I have a camera phone now."


8 comments:
Poop that disgusting is more important than meeting a celeb.
Em roller skates?
I hope that you at least told Sean about your time in New Zealand. He can relate.
Nice camera phone!
Sorry my kid is so disgusting. If it makes you feel better, she poops like that on a regular basis. We have to rush to change her diaper because she always poops two completely full diapers every time. We have to hurry though because it happens quick and if we don't get it fast enough, she poops all over the changing table, or my hand one time. I guess that's what happens when you only go to the bathroom once every 3 to 4 days.
On a cleaner note, Sean Astin looks really short next to you.
Hey, McCain never made top of the list. Never. And our little King is so cute. Can't get enough of him.
Mmmm...Chipotle! I see pork tacos in my immediate future. Love the crown!
I am very impressed! Sean Astin. I don't know if I could have had the self control to not chat!
Cameras in phones? What will they think of next - the internet?
Post a Comment