Wednesday, April 16, 2008

7 things. Friday gets pictures

Mzzterry tagged me, but I'm afraid there aren't 7 things about me that anyone who has been following this blog doesn't already know. I'll give what I got.
  • Birthdays are a really big deal to me. I don't need a fancy party or expensive gifts (not that I turn my nose up at those things!) But it's a very special day - it's YOUR day, a holiday just for you! So on my birthday I'll do things like wear my favorite pair of socks, take a little extra me-time, whatever. I make it a point to wish people a happy birthday on their special day, and if possible, I like to make cupcakes or something.
  • Today is my baby's first birthday. He doesn't seem to care yet. And I think he'll resent birthdays if he connects it to the shots he's getting today. His cupcakes won't happen until Friday, though, because AJ is the Assistant to the Scoutmaster, and mutual is tonight.
  • I like to keep pretty things pretty for as long as possible. I noticed this morning as I got a new bar of soap that I purposely used the side that didn't have "Kirkland Signature" imprinted on it, because soap imprintations are pretty. Also, tubs of butter ought to be consumed not from the top to the bottom, but from one side to the other, to preserve the pretty swirls for as long as possible.
  • Food = love
  • I LOVE making lists.
  • I had the same song in my head for nearly 3 years. It's not a good song, and I'm not going to divulge it here. AJ recently put it as my ring tone for when he calls. He's pretty funny.
  • Today I purged my bathroom of some really old makeup. Not so much about me, but it makes 7, and keeps with my decluttering goals. Um, I'm goal oriented. Yet flexible. How do I do it?

5 comments:

karin said...

Honestly, how many blogs to you subscribe too!? (I checked mine- 67 of people I know and 1 that I don't, but it is just stuff that she makes, I don't know anything about her except that she makes the most GORGEOUS aprons).

I don't like my bar of soap to get "used" looking either. And obviously I make birthdays a special week (or 2) but not really for me (by the way, H's present is going to be late- I haven't been able to drive myself to the post office- but hopefully it will happen this week- keep your fingers crossed).

AJ said...

I thought I should mention that Austin Powers also had a run in with that song. I should also mention that Emily and I have been together almost 3.5 years and she has always had that song in her head since I've known her. So I think it's more like 5 years or something that it's been stuck in her head.

mzzterry said...

Birthdays, tomorrow is mine, I celebrated today by having allergy testing done!! So maybe your baby & I should celebrate together!!
I love list too, maybe thats why I like blogging, I can turn it into one long list!!
And I always use tubs of butter that way!!

=)

Anonymous said...

Well, the keeping things beautiful is a new one on me, but I get it! I totally get it. You know that asthetics are my biggest OCD quality.

By the by, H and the current Pope have the same birthday. In fact, the Pope turned 80 the day H was born. Also, Phil and I did a spectacular job wrapping H's gifts. He'll love it. I hope you have your camera ready!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

thanks for the info. I do love to keep up with what I don't know about people...