Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Real Working Mom - Like on TV!!

About half hour ago I got a phone call from the picture lady (see T-Days with H for reference). She had taken Baby Leah to the doctors office, and while they were there the doctor checked out H and said he had an ear infection! Fortunately, they are our pediatrician, too. Grammatically that sounds very wrong, but it is, in fact, true.

So I called to make an appointment, since you have to be a legal guardian to take your minor to the doctor. The nice lady, even though I had to spell my name THREE times, faxed me over a permission slip thingy, and I filled it out and faxed it right back. The doctor will fix my boy now! And I never even left the office.

Regarding stuff I've chucked: leaky Tupperware, some junk mail, and last night, H did me the favor of cleaning out my purse and wallet. TEN minutes I let him play while I was in the other room . . .I'm learning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's nice for you. Also, so very "9 to 5" that you had to use a fax machine to do this. Do people still use fax machines?

karin said...

I just commented over there about how I wondered about the ear exam.

10 MINUTES! That is eternity to an almost one-year-old. I am surprised he didn't do more damage.

Heather said...

poor little guy! Hope his ears feel better soon!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

I am impressed with your cleaning out...I have got to do that around here

Karen B said...

Too bad I ran out of the doctor office so fast. Now AJ probably has to go back. And get my kid's ears checked.

mzzterry said...

You have been TAGGED. drop by my blog for more details!

I admire your *chuck-a-day* idea!!