Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm My Dad?

For some reason I thought that I married my dad, and that my deepest desires were to become my mom. The second part is still true. And while AJ looks like my dad and is getting degrees like my dad's, deep down, he's more my mom than I am. I will give you the example that really opened my eyes.

I came across the funniest thing I had ever experienced on the Internet. The first time through I used 4 Kleenexes - I was laughing so hard I was sobbing. The second time through I was showing AJ. I still laughed so hard I got a headache. AJ faintly smiled.

It reminded me of when my folks were dating and my mom's family would sit and watch my dad laugh at things. My mom and her side all have senses of humor, but they do not guffaw, particularly at the things that Dad & I do.

For your extreme viewing pleasure, I offer you the posting. Dad, I hope you enjoy it like I do.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made my day! Somewhere there's Olan Mills pic of the Yeagley's with Anita blowing a giant snot bubble out her left nostril.

Cynthiana said...

I am still laughing. All our family portraits could have been included in that post. Thanks for sharing.

Karen B said...

I wish I had looked at this while I was at work. It was so wasted on me at home. I may just look at them again tomorrow.

Ann said...

Really, really funny. I was cackling with Drew and Dean trying to read over my shoulder. They kept asking "what's so funny?" I nearly fell off my chair at the guy in drag.

Lisa said...

I saw this on Pioneer Womans website and I died laughing! So funny!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

that was great!

moosh in indy. said...

I laughed. I guffawed. Even snorted a little.

Jill said...

Karen is right-I laughed alone at home too. Maybe I'll look at again next time I'm at mom and dad's.
VERY funny.

Swistle said...

My husband is more like my mom, too.

Amy W said...

I can't find an email for you, so I am posting it here.

You won the Kroger gift card contes on my review site...and guess what, I live in Raleigh too!

Anyways, email me your address so I can have it shipped to you.

Sam and Fam said...

The 70's were NOT that yellow. And stop making fun!!

Unknown said...

Here it is a month later and I stilll laughed till I cried. MAN, those are some funny pictures with funny captions. My nose is now running.