Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Patramitrist

So here I am at Myrtle Beach with my little family and some in-laws, reading over AJ's research paper so he can turn it in. We start discussing some of the analysis methods, as we are wont to do, and he asks how one would . . .blah, blah, I just realized most of you don't care at all . . . then I said, "Well, as we used to say at the ol' BYU, 'There's only one parametrist, the rest of us are statisticians.'" AJ was holding little baby E and started saying variations of the word parametrist, including pajama-trist, and E's favorite, patramitrist. Every time AJ said it, he got this big fat baby grin on his face, so AJ kept saying it. Our baby definitely wants to be a patramitrist when he grows up.
And that's how nerdy we get on vacation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

One cloak away from Dungeon Master, that's all I'm sayin'.

karin said...

I wish there was a photo of that fat baby grin. I hope you are enjoying Myrtle Beach, I would call but you are on vaca, call me when you get back.

Heather said...

what the heck is a parametrist?

Kristy said...

I don't even know what that means. But I'm glad to know that E already has some lofty ambitions!

chunkymonkey said...

Thank you for the above comments. I couldn't have asked better.

Sam and Fam said...

One cloak away? Ha! I'm alone and laughin'. wheeeeeew. good stuff! Have you seen twilight yet?