Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Documentary the First: H Speaks

Okay, In-law visit, E's blessing, Christmas, Orphan Christmas, New Years, all smashing successes. Sorry about the blog silence. I've had my hands full.

So here's the thing: Documentary making is tricky! I didn't know that in the course of interviewing that getting the subject to face the interviewer would be hard, particularly if the interviewee was sitting on the interviewer's lap. Also, getting a little guy to say what you want when you want is pretty challenging. This video is after I tried my hand at editing. Seriously.

Now, you're going to want to study this pretty well, because soon I plan on posting some more talking, but without me interpreting, and you get a prize for translation from toddler to English.

5 comments:

karin said...

I need a fun nickname. How's about you start calling me "Aunt Kitty," I have been called Kitty before. Beebe is fun to say, dang it.

I could have gotten most of those. It helps that I was there and heard them in real life first. And does the "our car" apply to many cars still or is it just yours now?

There can be blog silence (preferably not this long), as long as there are great posts like this to make up for it. Pictures of baby e would be nice too (not demanding just a request).

Aleese and Scott said...

Wow I would say you have been busy! Also I love the video!

Karen B said...

I like that he still swaddled Ernie at the end even though the blanket was under everyone. And, Eah loves him too.

Anonymous said...

OHH...how cute...how old is H now?? Little L turns 3 soon....she's so funny

chunkymonkey said...

I am the favorite. I am the favorite. I am the favorite! That is my new theme song. Sadly, he doesn't remember the last time we saw each other, I am certain.

I can't believe how big he has gotten. From baby to little boy--Bam! Too cute! Post more of him, puh-lease!