Saturday, September 05, 2009

Going domestic

Since AJ started work this week, I've started for reals on the stay-at-home-mom gig. Sure enough, it's hard. I still prefer it to {shudder} work, and I think I always will.

My friend Mary-Carmen invited me to join her on doing a month's worth of dinner cooking in one day. It was daunting, but awesome. My freezer is packed to the gills, and AJ has come home to a lovely home-cooked dinner each night. I should've been wearing an apron and heels, with my hair gracefully curled outwards.

Yesterday during the joke I try to call naptime, I cut out a skirt for myself. I will learn to sew. I remembered to iron well first, thanks Ali, but I measured the length too short. I need something that goes at least 4 inches below the knee because my sweet boys don't yet have a concept of modesty and they like to tug and pull at whatever I wear.

Now for some pictures:
Cool guy wearing his 3D glasses at Legoland (Oh, we went on vacation for a cousin's sealing & brother Matt's mission farewell)

No, he didn't use this potty. But what's missing? Yes, the toilet paper holder. For reals?! Who designs these things?

Yay! Both smiling!

Family shot after the Oquirrh Open house at the copper mines. Did I mention we adopted a lovely security guard and his girlfriend?

4 comments:

karin said...

Both smiling and both looking at the camera!

I am impressed with your meals for the month, that takes a lot of work and freezer space. What happens when you invite people over, as you are apt to do?

karin said...

oh yeah, where was that bathroom with no toilet paper?

Heather said...

wow, a month's worth of dinners....you're awesome!

as for your skirt- find a nice complimentary or contrasting fabric and make a border. Like what I did with the brown fabric on the bottom of E's shirt HERE.

Karen B said...

How can you even fit a month's worth of dinners in your freezer? We had to buy my sister a whole other freezer for her to do that in. Also, I saw the design for your new skirt. I looks like it will be lovely and simple. I hope you enjoy your sewing.