Saturday, May 28, 2011

everybody loves my mom

**I stole this from my sisters' blogs. I think it is perfect!

My mom is recovering in the hospital right now. My mom, the healthiest woman I know. She excersises regularly, eats salad for lunch and has only stayed in the hospital to have her 8 babies.

On Sunday evening she was driving to the church taking food to a Young Women's dinner. Something happened to cause her heart to completely stop. We don't know what happened yet, the only thing they can tell us is that it wasn't a heart attack. She went unconscious and crashed the car. Immediately police and firefighters and EMT were there and got her heart going again and rushed her to the ER. The doctors decided on a hypothermic therapy, something that would greatly increase her chances of recovery. They made her really cold (33C!) and kept her that way for 24 hours. We had to wait and wait to see what happened when she woke up. Yesterday afternoon, after she was warm again, they turned off the sedative. She woke up quickly and was responding to us right away. What a relief! She was happy to get the breathing tube out and we were happy she was still with us!

It's been a rough couple of days, and we still have a ways to go to figure out what happened in the first place, but I have learned some things. First, everyone loves my mom. And I mean everyone. It's been so cool to get messages from so many people wishing her a speedy recovery. So many people. It's pretty cool.

Second, I've learned that hundreds of people praying for the same thing makes a difference. Mom's friends of all different religions, and some who claim no religion, have been praying or meditating or sending us positive energy and thinking about us. And we have felt it. I haven't really experienced that before. It's really cool.

Third, it's possible to feel peace in terrible circumstances. Ask me about that one sometime. That's been the most awesome thing of all.

3 comments:

Mim said...

I'm so glad that your mom is doing better. We'll keep praying!

Lisa said...

How scary! I'm glad she's on the mend.

Keriann said...

It is perfect! Everyone DOES love your mom! I know I do!