Yesterday, following enormous amounts of stress, I defended my prospectus to my committee and passed with flying colors. They loved my research and think I can be done by the end of April! Of course, I don't know if they took into account the fact that I work 3 days a week in Salt Lake, but it was still very encouraging. So the first 3 1/2 chapters are done, and I've got 1 1/2 to go. And I have to get my code to run and do what I want it to, but let's not diminish the recent fantastic achievement. My afternoon was filled with "Congratulations!" and high 5s as I walked down the halls, because after all, I am a 3rd year in a 2 year program.
On a side note, AJ started with a new (and better!) electrical company today. While he's thrilled to work in a less stifling environment, he's looking forward anxiously to the fall and the start of graduate school for him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YAHOO! YIPPEE! HOORAY!
Congrats, Emmy. You'll get it done, no problem!
I'm so proud of you. I tell anyone who will listen about my little sister who is a genius and getting a Masters in Statistics from BYU.
YOU CAN DO IT!
I second that: Em, you CAN do it. Yeah for you. Your great.
Jill
YEAH FOR EMILY, I hope AJ bought you a cake with
"Congrats To the Brightest Woman Ever"
written on it.
So what is in store for you now?
Post a Comment