Thursday, June 22, 2006

Day at the DMV

I have a few tips, since I spent the bulk of today at two different divisions of the Department of MV. Most importantly, don't go hungry, and if you can, pack a snack. Generally I keep emergency food in my purse at all times, but I recently had to eat a granola bar and didn't replenish. That was the biggest struggle today. Second, if I can see the tattoo on your butt, perhaps you should wear sweatpants that ride a little higher. Yes, that means you, the lady in the gray sweatcapris, leaning over the counter and talking just a smidge too loudly (and that should mean a lot coming from someone with the volume control issues that I have). I did bring a book. I forgot my marriage certificate. Michelle was nice to let me skip the line when I had to run home and get it. I guess that's all. I just really wanted to emphasize the food part.

4 comments:

Heather said...

hee hee about the tattoo bit. At least you remembered a book, I always forget that part. Didn't your DMV have vending machines?

Ann said...

I always like people-watching at places like the DMV. The loud tatoo lady wasn't the only character, I'm sure!

In Mass., we went to the "Registery" (they didn't call it a DMV) in a little mall to get Mass driver's licenses. It made the CA DMV look like a well-organized paradise!

karin said...

I am a people-watcher too. Apparently it's genetic cuz Adam does it too. I remember a book or a magazine but end up not needing it (due to the people-watching). And I always have food but not always a beverage and I like to drink after I eat, but I believe the Dept of MV does not allow beverages, anybody know?

Unknown said...

There weren't vending machines. But there were a handful of young men in khaki shorts and blue stripey shirts. They didn't seem to be together, but I wish they had been.