Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sad news

Yes, Karin, I guess secret blog has taken up a lot of time. It was a rough weekend. So on Monday I decided it was time for change. I wanted to adopt a puppy and dye my hair purple. Thankfully reason and a wonderful stylist named Courtney Little stepped in and I ended up buying a fish and cutting my hair short and dying it a little darker and a little redder. I'll include pictures as soon as I take them.

The fish is a betta, and since aside from the spelling that's a greek letter, I decided to name him xi (pronounced k'see) because it's my favorite greek letter. I wanted to paste what it looks like here (the symbol), but that's trickier than I thought, so if you're in Word, change your font to symbol and type a lower-case x. It's all loopy and twisty. I would also include a photo of dear little Xi, but I think it's kind of morbid to have a picture of a dead fish. We had a short funeral this morning before work. What's especially sad is that I got him to prove I could take care of living things and that I was responsible and all of that. Good thing I didn't get the puppy. And at least I got my hair did.

7 comments:

Ann said...

What happened to dear little Xi? Did you put him in bleach water or something?! (Sadly, I didn't think up that method of death for a fish recently. It's how the third of four goldfish died at our house in about a 6 month period. Notice we don't have any pets now.) Take heart, Em. I think it's easier to keep kids alive than little fishies.

Ryan and Katie said...

That is sad news. I hope that your little fishy had one last fun ride down the porcelin express. Better luck next time.

karin said...

KT you are a funny girl. Ditto to Ann. I was surprised when you told me you wanted a pet but even more surprised when Bry told me it died.
I bet your hair is glorious and I am J-e-a-l-o-u-s that Courtney had did it.

Anonymous said...

Puppies are surprisingly easier to keep alive than fish.

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but when we were little my mom set our fish on the wood stove to warm them up a little after a particularly cold night. She continued on with her housework for awhile and forgot about them. She came back to find many upside down boiled goldfish.

Fortunately Spooky was still alive then, so we didn't care as much. That was an interesting flush funeral to say the least.

Heather said...

I remember when we died our hair with Kool-Aid, I beleive you used the grape flavor.

Can't wait to see the pictures, sorry about xi, Maybe you need to get an Alpha and Omega, betwen the two of them they ought to live awhile (the beginning and the end)

Sam and Fam said...

Your kitten is waiting to be adopted next. Come on Em!! AJ needs a kitty. But, don't let my kids name it cause they only pick Star Wars character's. Grandpa Stewart has a harder time remembering those.

Anonymous said...

ΞΆ