Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday, 12 June, best day ever

I met with my advisor today, he loves what I've been doing and thinks I'm brilliant and capable. (You could just tell by the look on his face, and the rumors I've heard about myself). I ate a butterscotch brownie. And the biggest news of all: a very nice boy named Brandon just bought our Audi wagon! We are only a three car family now! I'm going to relish it for awhile instead of ignoring my blessings and wishing we were a 2 or 1 car family. All in due time.

Future plans update: we may be in Utah for a few more years. It's not for sure yet, but it looks like our current plan A.

Recipe for crockpot lasagne:
(spray crockpot)
1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned
1 jar pasta sauce
1 little can of tomato sauce, no salt added
1 jar alfredo sauce
3 cups shredded cheese
1 package "no boil" lasagne noodles
parmesan cheese

1. put enough pasta sauce in bottom of crockpot to cover bottom
2. mix the rest of the pasta sauce and all of the tomato sauce in with the ground meat
3. make a layer of noodles in crockpot, breaking as necessary
4. layer of alfredo (1/3 the jar)
5. layer of 1 C cheese
6. layer of 1/3 of the meaty mixture
7. repeat steps 3-6 until it's gone
sprinkle parmesan on top
cover & cook on low for 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours

It says it makes 8 servings, but come on, you call that a serving?!
It's just delish, and quite popular with my old roommates.
Since I'm having such a great day, I want to try to make yours good, too. Another great benefit of crockpots is it doesn't heat up the house in the summer. Plus, excellent for while you're at church.
Love,
Happy Emily with Only 3 Cars

5 comments:

Ann said...

That recipe sounds good, but did you use it to distract us from the previous sentence? Why has your Plan A changed? What are you planning to do in Utah?

PS- I already knew you were brilliant and capable, but it's nice your advisor agrees, since my opinion doesn't really give you a Masters!

Unknown said...

Sorry! No distraction intentded! AJ has always planned on both an MBA and a PhD in Social or I/O Psych. The new plan A is to switch the order and do an MBA at BYU first. We'll see. He hasn't exactly applied there yet, but we know a guy who can pull a few late strings.

Anonymous said...

I was glad to find a crock pot recipe on my first visit to your blog. I know you are the crock pot queen (definitely better than "crack pot" queen) - we don't have an oven but we got a crock pot for our wedding, and I figure it's about time we start using it.

Ryan and Katie said...

I didn't know that you had 4 cars. WOW! That's like 2 cars for each person (please excuse the Captain Obvious statement) Well I am glad that you are down to 3 cars. That is exciting!

karin said...

Okay, has your secret blog taken over the time that you would normally spend posting here? It has been a week and no post here. I love to give you a hard time.