Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Papers signed, butterflies in stomach

AJ and I signed the papers for our construction loan today. Everything has to go through the city first, but our contractor Randy said we will start to build in 3 weeks. I'm excited and nervous. We're more than a half-million in debt now! Randy doesn't care for my pink carpet idea, even when I describe it as "dusty rose." I really like Mom & Dad's, but AJ said everybody wants carpet the color of dirt. Fortunately, there are lots of shades of dirt out there.

PS, we're not building it to live in, we're not that rich. We're building it to sell. Hopefully we'll make a few bucks because the housing market here is incredible, and either way we have practice in building a house. Plus AJ can do the wiring to knock a few bucks off.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! How grown up of you guys!

I have to agree with AJ on the carpet color, though. Dirt-colored carpet is a gift from heaven.

Ryan and Katie said...

Oh my goodness. That is a lot of money. It's a good thing you will make it all back when you sell the house. How exciting! You guys will finish the house long before Mom and Dad build theirs.

Sam and Fam said...

Ha! Katie, I hadn't thought about that. That is just too sad. But I agree about your Mom and Dad's house. Isn't there "pink" dirt in So Utah with all that red rock?

Heather said...

WOW- you and Aj are such the risk takers, I get butterflies just thinking about doing soemthing like that. I sure hope you make a good turn around on the house.

Carpet- DIRT_YES!! We moved into hunter green carpet- oh how I longed for putty colred carpet...do you have any idea how hard it is to decorate with GREEN carpet? After 2 years here we finally had the money to replace the carpet.