
So, maybe you want to play too. Here's how:
1st, download the emulator (makes your computer into a bona fide Apple IIe)
2nd, get the disk images
After you have the downloads, extract all of the files and the open the "Applewin" file that looks like the old Apple logo. From there, click on the button that looks like an old 5.25 disk drive and put disk one in the first drive and disk two in the second. Click on the Apple logo to run it. For your viewing pleasure, there is a fullscreen button as well. PS - if you use the fullscreen button, to exit the game or switch disks, you'll need to use the mouse to go to the right side of the screen and get the buttons to re-appear.
So, have fun. Check out some other classic games as well - the emulator will run all of the old Apple IIe games, if you can find the disk images.
Here's another classic:
Number Munchers (No emulator needed)
4 comments:
Wow! I'm glad to see you guys have internet that works. Way to go on finding the classic games. You should try to find us Carmen San Diego next. I'll call ya'll tomorrow. Em left me a message right as I was calling Phil in, you guessed it, Oregon!
I was helping Liz find Panther Creek High. It took us over an hour and it is only 15 minutes from my house. We're pathetic... Just as Phil predicted, she was right and the Teeter girl was wrong.
So glad ya'll have found a productive way to entertain yourselves.
Ali - he DID look up Carmen SD next, even before we got your comment! We played it for a few minutes, then realized it isn't as challenging as it was when we were kids. By a long shot. But don't forget the warrant.
I remember playing Oregon Trail when I was a teenager! I had a traumatic experience, though ... I named all the characters after my family and soon had starved my older brother to death. I was traumatized. For at least 10 minutes! ;)
Chelle
Post a Comment