Friday, December 04, 2009

My poor kids

I just finished a marvelous book. I'm late in getting it back to the library, and I considered just taking it back and not finishing it. It was a good read, but I didn't know the end would be so amazing, and I'm so glad I didn't give the book back until I read it. The Elegance of the Hedgehog, by Muriel Barbery.
The last 3 pages had me sobbing and coughing (because I've got this lingering cold that won't let me cry properly), and H kept asking what was wrong, and how do you explain to a 2 year old that the novel is just so beautiful and unexpected and tragic that you have to cry?
So I recommend it. And now I'm headed to the library to return it, as it is a week late. Whoops.

3 comments:

Heather said...

thanks for the recommendation Em! I just started a historical book based on real people called "Russian Dance" by Brooks. So far so good...but I know i"ll finish it soon...will definitely check out the hedgehog one- thanks!

karin said...

I want to read a good book but either I fall asleep or nothing gets done and I have a Kindergartener that LOVES school.

Trainer Momma said...

I am cracking up at the title of your blog. Love it! Thanks for the book recommendation -- I am always on the prowl for the next read...