Thursday, December 31, 2009

Help-Me New Years!

I decided this morning I want to make a weekly menu plan. Conveniently, it's new year's eve, so I can just call this a resolution. Tonight we're having tacos. Tomorrow we're eating at a friend's house. Saturday can be pasta pizza, Sunday how about some chicken doody, and Monday, as a shout out to my big boy, rice and beans.

And now I'm stuck. What meals do you guys prepare for your families? Remember that cost and nutrition are priorities. Please include recipes/links to recipes as needed. Thanks for your help with this. I think it must take a village to raise a mom, and then she can raise the kids. Because really, if the whole village was here to raise my kids, I would take a nap. Yes, at 9:20am.

And then, even though this video is old, because he is a step-taker now, here's E at the height of his scooting glory:


Edited to add: While I was typing this, little E climbed up onto our bar-height table and was just hanging out there, dumping water all over.

9 comments:

Maryann said...

It's a little outdated, but here's what I've done:

http://reiddinnermeals.blogspot.com/

karin said...

You can call me, I will read my meal plan from a couple weeks ago for 3 weeks.

Nats said...

I'll email some of the stuffs that I do. It ain't nothin' fancy, that is for sure.

Ann said...

If the whole village was there, I'd take a nap too!

Make sure you plan for leftovers. One lasagna will feed us for 2 dinners, and probably some lunch for me, too. Do you get Simple and Delicious magazine? They do a week's worth of recipes, complete with shopping list. Mom has some old ones. I think that's where poppy seed chicken came from.

rachael r said...

that video is so cute

Ann said...

One of my friends from Davis blogs about what's for dinner quite often. This is today's recap of last year:
http://1goodlife.blogspot.com/2010/01/dinners-2009.html

Kristy said...

I may or may not be starting a "Menu Monday" on my recipe blog if you need some ideas! OK, definitely I am.

shauni said...

We do many different versions of chicken: poppyseed, parmesan cracker, sweet and sour, etc. other favorites include taco soup, cheesy brocolli soup, chicken noodle soup (I love soup because I freeze half of it and use it for 2 dinners- it's also cheap and great for cold Winter's here) homemade pizza, stir-fry (with LOTS of vegis) and enchiladas. Hope that helps!

Lisa said...

I do whatever this lady tell me to

http://thepioneerwoman.com/

I've done a LOT of these recipes and they are GOOD.