So constantly I am adding little things to the cute list, even though I know I'm missing tons because of my pregnant brain. Here are some more:
H - always wants the same breakfast. This is how he asks for it: "Mama, I would please like cheerios with milk and brown sugar and a spoon and a bowl." When have I tried to offer him cereal without a bowl?! Every morning, same request.
Yesterday he gave me the following information: "I have a baby in my belly, too. His name is Tyrone and he's a moose. When he comes out of my belly, he will be part of our family. He has these things (hands to head) that make him look like a reindeer. It will be a very long time before he comes out." I sure hope so, because I don't know that I'm ready to have a grandmoose. Any idea what the gestation period of meese in little boys is?
E - Pronounces sippy cup as "hippie cup." I've been thinking of decorating it with daisies and peace signs, because I love his mispronunciations.
Whenever I wake up after he's up he gets SO EXCITED. Runs in circles hollering "Mama! Wake up!" This morning when he did that I suggested we go downstairs to have breakfast with Daddy, but before he could consider that he had to make sure I was cared for. Very sweetly: "Mama, potty?" and he goes in and lifts the toilet lid for me. This kid will make a fabulous personal manservant.
This is one I really should get a video of: E is going through an independent streak and wants to do everything himself. Including dressing himself, of course. So his pants end up backwards often, and whatever. Classic cute toddler stuff. But watching him put a hoodie on himself is delightful. He starts with the hood - on his face. Then he slowly spins it around until he finds a sleeve (or an Arm Sleeve, as H calls it), and in the end he gets in on right, but you'd never know when he started that he had any idea. It's like the Sandra Boynton book Blue Hat, Green Hat. One of our favorites, btw.
I've been working on projects. Just little things, or so I think, but they turn into bigger harder things than I anticipate. Here is one of my latest. Can you tell what it even is? My kids can, and that's the important part, I guess, but can you?
I'll let them play with them in the tub when I finish all of them, and the suspense is killing them. "I lub dem, Mama" says E. But he says that about a lot of stuff.
6 comments:
um, E lifting the toilet lid for you?! HILARIOUSLY CUTE!
The Backyardigans! I lub them too.
Your kids are funny. You should write everything down; I know much easier said then done. Ask me what I write down. Nothing. I am horrible.
Oh. Write my talk for me. I like researching for talks but not actually writing or giving.
Your boys are HILARIOUS! Even more so than other toddlers, I think. Your Tyrone reminds me that we had a little boy in Primary (back when I was in Primary) who informed us that his mom was having a little brother named Pablo. His mom was worried he was picturing a blue penguin.
Cute kids, thanks for sharing!!! When I first looked at your creations, I thought Whinnie the Pooh, Backyardagins, and Flinstones. I don't know if I'm even close, but they look like fun!
Backyardigans. Obviously! You are talented! Who knew you had so many sponge cutting skillz? And I think you should video all that stuff and more.
Post a Comment