I would just prefer to eat my lunch at home, take a long nap, then watch Jane Eyre while I crochet. I realize that I get the next 3 days off of work to go to AJ's grandmother's funeral in NY, but for some reason, I can't convince myself to stay today. Maybe it's because there's nothing urgent or engaging to do here at the office. Maybe it's because I can't remember the last good night's sleep I got and I'm so cranky I want to scream. Maybe crying at work isn't cool, like the popular kids in high school used to lead you to believe. I feel pretty legitimate in calling any time I'm not at work sick time, since I'm always in pain, but you can't really take 40 hours a week off because you're pregnant-sick.


Vanessa walked by with her baby a few hours ago and he was crying, and Josh came into my cube and said "That's what you have to look forward to," and I got a little choked up. I got an email from my father-in-law (bad timing, Jim!) and I actually responded instead of ignoring it like I'm supposed to. That made me cry, too. You see, Ali, I cry plenty, it's just you're always giving me a good time and distractions, so you get the cheerful happy emily all the time. Lucky! In the meanwhile, poor AJ. I hope he likes the kid, at least, when this is all over.
5 comments:
Alright, I guess I'll believe you. Are you guys flying up or driving? Bring a heavy coat. Sorry about all the death and crying. We'll see you when you get back. Are you missing Mary's birthday on Friday?
Em- you are pregnant. If you can't whine now, pray tell when can you? AND- after you have given birth to the little blessing, when someone talks about being in pain, you can roll your eyes because YOU have been through labor and that folks is real pain.
But Heather, for labor you can have an epideral and right after nice drugs to take the pain away. It's when they are older that it gets tough- no drugs to help :)
What tough times! I hate those hormones.
Whine away!
Chelle
Welcome to parenting. The hormones will eventually go back to normal and new challenges will take their place. At least it's not boring!
Post a Comment