Yesterday (Thursday) as I was getting ready for work I realized that I didn't cry once on Wednesday. So I thought, Yes, I can do this! and I applied mascara. It was only as I walked into work I remembered, that I actually had cried Wednesday night because I was stressed about dealing with the insurance company and I was scared that my stress would hurt the baby. This is my life.
But then I gave myself a little pep talk: So what if I cried yesterday! Like Celine Dion says, a New Day Has Come! I can make it through today without crying. I can.
Folks, I was THIS close to missing my goal. On the way home from work I tuned in to the country music station, and it was Alabama, 18-wheeler. Roll-on! I was singing every word, I just love Alabama. I didn't realize what a sad song it is! When I told AJ that, he was like, it isn't sad - he's just fine at the end. Well, it was still emotional for me. Focusing on my goal of no crying and some really heaving blinking got me through, though.
I am currently 46 hours tears-free. And I'm wearing mascara today, too.
And since it looks like Karin isn't going to toot her own horn, I guess I'll let you know - she got an A in her class, and has now completed the requirements for her degree! Way to go, Karin! If you lived closer I would bake you a cake that said that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for tooting my horn and congrats on the tear-free time and actually wearing mascara.
Congratulations! But more importantly, did your house remain spot free after the invasion of 12-year-old boys?
Oh, if I would have read this post before mailing your package, I would have included some waterproof mascara!
YAY! for Karin!
Post a Comment