Sunday, June 03, 2007

How I Fell in Love

AJ made me food when we were dating.

Whenever we have company over, we like for him to show off his cooking skillz, so I have taken it upon myself this week that I'm feeling better but a little cabin-fevery, to invite people over to eat. Friday night he made shrimp scampi, Saturday was Philly cheese steaks. Today we didn't have anyone over, but he made the tuna steaks and asparagus pictured below. All have been amazingly delicious. It's a romano buttery sauce you can see on the asparagus, and he seasoned the tuna steaks with lemon and herbs.
Here is our little cougar in one of his favorite places: the swing. This is where he got to sit while we ate the above delicious dinner. (He had already eaten.) I have determined that the only song we will sing to him from now until he graduates from college is the Cougar Fight Song. Rise and shout, H, rise and shout.

6 comments:

karin said...

You posted a picture of your baby! Woo-hoo! And AJ made dinner 3 nights in a row! You are one lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

You are nice to post such lovely sentiments about your hubby. I think he's keen too.

Karen B said...

Umm, I came over last night and AJ didn't make me dinner. Should I take it personally?

By the way, Liz told me she was going to take my glasses last night while we were driving because she didn't want me to win at driving. And she says I'm mean.

Ann said...

Tuna steaks and asparagus? That is a very grown-up meal. Looks delicious!

Thanks for the link to the fight song. All I ever knew was "Rise and shout, the Cougars are out, da da da da da da da daaa da!"

Nats said...

I shouldn't have looked at that picture while I was hungry... well the one of the food not Hyrum (who is an absolute cutie).

chunkymonkey said...

He is getting so chunky! Oh my, oh my! Soon he'll be making your arms ache or crawling away. Makes me want to cry at how fast he is growing.