Our apartment complex has some funny ideas. A few months ago, they replaced a cement balcony thing and it is much worse and uglier now, and it didn't need replacing, whereas the wooden planky area just before it wouldn't hurt with a little better upkeep. All winter long we had to whine to them to fix the heater, and I'm not sure they ever did it right by the time warm weather hit, but they got it in their heads that our A/C unit, which worked fine, needed replacing (along with everyone else's).
So one morning, interrupting my precious nap, some workmen came over. They made a big mess and a lot of noise, and they put in a new A/C unit. The weather here in North Carolina, btw, has turned warm and humid. AJ got home in time to chat with the workmen about what they were doing, and since he has learned quite a bit about HVAC stuff at his job, he tried to make sure that they would check for leaks. They didn't. So now we have a brand new A/C that doesn't work. I called the office so they could send over a repairman. They did, and he didn't. Twice we went through that. Finally AJ called and a nice fellow came over with a window unit and a promise that the next day (today) they would replace the outside unit. Since AJ is pretty confident there's a leak, that still won't fix it, but way to put our rent money to good use.
Oh, well, at least the view here is awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
aw man! Poor Em, Aj and Hyrum.
I hope you have ceiling fans at least.
To rub it in, I have only had to run my a/c here when I have cooked a lot. It is actually chilly in here but by the afternoon it will be perfect at 73 inside.
*That is the only thing that I LOVE about being in the OC.
I don't miss apartment life at all for all the reasons you just listed. When we lived at Lake Lynn, our apartment wound up getting torn apart in the last three weeks we were there for pipes. We had to sedate Bean.
Cute baby!!! It's been a awhile. I think its funny how most parents who blog rarely post pictures of themselves. Anywho, hope things are swell in Carolina. Ready for another summer???
Post a Comment