Saturday, June 02, 2007

Not like Ali

"A doctor for your teeth?! What's next, a lawyer for your hair?" - Nelson Muntz

Thursday AJ and I both had dentist appointments to fill cavities. Our dentist and his staff are so great. First of all, the dentist's first name is Charles, making him the Dr. Chuck of the East. I love that as he's working on my teeth, he alternates between softly humming notes without a song, and saying things like "Perfect," "Very nice," "Wonderful," and "Beautiful."

AJ had one cavity, and had to have double anesthesia. He has very sensitive teeth. He was numb for many hours after. I had two cavities, and was able to go anesthesia-free. Made me feel like a superhero. A dental superhero.

We had some people over for dinner last night, so we cleaned up this joint a bit. I mention this only because now I'm not sure where the camera is, and I don't want the Wrath of Karin on me for not including a picture of my beautiful little boy. I'll just describe him: he's sleeping in his swing, swaddled in a yellow blanket, pacifier in his mouth. He has gotten fatter lately, all over, but especially in his kissable little cheeks. His hairline is receding even more, but AJ and I both think it's starting to grow back on top. (Here's hoping for a baby mullet!) His eyes are a dark blue, and he has the cutest gummy smiles these days. Ann is one lucky gal for getting to come and visit this week. Oh, but you all could be that lucky!

3 comments:

Ann said...

mmmmmm. beautiful.

I've never heard of cavities being filled filled w/o medication. You *are* a dental superhero!

Can't wait for Thursday!!!

karin said...

I really want to see the little man and I think (with your description) that he will have brownish eyes.

I hope you enjoy Ann and her relaxing personality.

Anonymous said...

It's very sad that one would have to distinguish their dental appointments as being not like mine, only because was so obscenely awful. I miss my dentist from Boston and I am switching to yours.