Monday night, for memorial day, which is a huge holiday in the AJ and Emily Righter home, AJ and I went on our first date since the baby was born. Phil & Dave came and babysat. Fauntie Phil is H's favorite, and they happen to be pregnant with their first, so it's good for Dave to get used to baby diapers instead of the adult diapers he's helped to change for most of his adult life. (That's how he and Karen met.) Anyway, we felt we were leaving our sweet baby in very capable hands, and the fridge was well stocked with milk (which Phil mentioned might be cheese by the time we got back), so we left for a few hours to see Pirates the Third.
I loved it. What a great story, and what fun characters. Three for three on fantastic pirateyness. AJ felt like there was too much unknown or unsaid by the end, but I think a few careful watchings of the whole trilogy might clear most of it up.
Right now H is sleeping in his swing, but our apartment is undergoing some A/C renovation or something, and I'm not about to take a nap with workmen in the house. Even though the poop-double-pee incident of this morning wore me out a bit. Maybe we'll walk around the lake later today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Karen and Dave have the most romanic meeting story EVER....Dave was changing an adult diaper when Karen walked into the warehouse carring a pile of drool bibs. When their eyes met and locked Dave let out a slow and quiet, Wha-oh!
How great to be able to go on a date with your husband. I am trying to go on a date with Bryan, maybe next week. I have Jill lined up to come in a week but we haven't decided if we want to see Pirates then or wait for Mom and Dad (we saw the other 2 with them and we want to keep the tradition).
More photos of the baby PLEASE!!!
I hope you made out. That's what hot dates are for.
Hooray for a date night!!! After kids they are even more treasured.
Dates? Dates? What's a date?
Kidding, glad you had fun!
Glad we could assist you and AJ. All the way over to your house Dave kept telling me not to tell you anything about Pirates III so I wouldn't ruin all the surprises for you. FYI, he didn't get to change any baby diapers since Hyrum slept the whole time so we will have to do it again so he can practice a little more.
Post a Comment