H has decided that 1 1/2 hours between feedings is all he can go now, day or night. And now he thinks sleeping at all is for suckers. Or, not for suckers, since he is an ardent sucker himself. No amount of swaddling, bouncing, swinging, white noise, or cuddling will persuade him to take the nap we both so desperately need.
Lately he's figured out how to worm his left arm out of any swaddle I can do, so he always looks like he's wearing a yellow toga. Pretty darn cute. I'd include a picture, but I just don't have the stamina and energy. This here posting is my limit I'm afraid. While I like the money AJ brings home, I'd really prefer today if he came home from work early.
The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sorry you're wicked tired. I still think he's having a growth spurt. He's been such a big eater the last few days. Hey, I've been busy doing and overhall on my blog and little bit Bean's too.
Is he eating a lot when he does eat?
Austin needed to squawk a little but didn't want anything (he still does that after he has fallen asleep for about an hour). I think sleep is a wonderful thing, especially when you aren't getting it, last night Adam woke me up THREE times within an hour and a half and he is THREE YEARS OLD!
Sorry about the lack of sleep, my boys were both horrible sleepers at first. The good news is, they don't eat like that forever! I used to put Ammon in his swing in the middle of the night because it was the only thing that would calm him down, I'd fall back asleep and wake up an hour later and he would still be wide awake swinging away. We did spend a fortune on batteries, though.Good luck, hopefully Hyrum will grow out of it soon. Although the middle of the night feedings are not super pleasant I always enjoyed having that time with my kids- it seemed like special "mom only" bonding time! Enjoy it because they grow up way too fast. (P.S. sorry this comment was so long- I just had a lot of interesting things to say!)
Ugh, I hate being tired. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. Hopefully last night was better for you. It's a sad fact that pretty soon your body will adjust and you'll actually get used to sleeping like this. I bet I can count on 2 hands the number of times I've slept through the whole night during my years as a mommy.
EMILYYYYYY!
Wow it's been awhile. I was so excited to see your post! However it took me a second....sorry. I hear you on the sleep thing. Andrew is 8 months and just started sleeping through the night. So it happens eventually, it just can't happen to soon!
We are moving to Jesse's parent's rental. It's still in Orem, only about 3 blocks away. We'll be there a couple of years and then who know s after that.
Do you here from anyone from back in the day? Amy, Dave, Anyone?
LOVE to hear from you!!
lots of love
Schmise
Cute! Not to discourage you, but none of my 9 children slept through the night before they turned a year old. I understand lack of sleep! But it is worth it. Thanks for loving that baby! How lucky he is! Love you!
Post a Comment