Monday, July 23, 2007
Best Night of my Life
H had a good nap Sunday evening, so come bedtime, he decided he'd rather play. And darn it, he's so cute and pleasant that we obliged for a little while. But enough was enough, and I tried to put him down. He wouldn't have it. So I re-swaddled him up, and lay him next to me, so I could demonstrate the proper way to fall asleep. This was about 9:30pm. It must have worked. Then I guess AJ put him in his own bed. I do have a faint memory of H fussing a bit in the middle of the night, but this is the part that gets weird. AJ jumped out of bed and got to him before I did, and plugged him up. That's why I think it must have just been a good dream. AJ has never jumped out of bed. Anyway, next thing I remember, it's 5:15 and H is crying for breakfast. Yes, friends and family, my baby has officially slept through the night. I don't expect him to keep it up, but I can't remember ever feeling this good and refreshed. I left for work around 6:30am. I just want to cry with joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's almost 8 straight hours!!! YAY! I want to cry for joy with you! Congratulations!!!
You're smart not to expect it from now on, but now you know it's possible and that's comforting. Those nights will get more frequent until someday soon, it will be unusual for him to wake you up in the wee hours. HOORAY!
CONGRATS! I remember those days of being pleasantly surprised at 5am (sometimes even grateful for 4am), now dependimg on the time the boys fall alseep, I don't want to be disturbed before 9am! Oh, how a few years changes your perspective on the amount of sleep you need.
Thank you for posting a couple a times recently.
Congrats! That's a great milestone. Hopefully those nights will become more and more frequent. I remember the first time Ammon slept more than 4 hours at night I panicked, I jumped out of bed and ran in to check on him - he was still sleeping soundly. Props to AJ also for getting up for you- what a great guy!
Post a Comment