Monday, July 16, 2007

I Only Cried a Little

Here's the latest update: the "Executive Coordinator to the Chairman" emailed me and said Dr. Gillings can't come on the 3rd, can he come on the 10th, and I said, of course, but I won't be there and my heart would break if I couldn't lunch with him, and she said, suck it up, you little baby, and I said, make me, loser. After that it got a little ugly. So the CEO is going to eat with my friends, but not with me. Why do I even bother with mascara?

4 comments:

karin said...

Hopefully, he will enjoy himself with your co-workers and want to come back. Or you could invite him, after checking with co-workers to see how lunch on the 10th went, again for when you will be there but in September- you don't want to seem desperate of course.

shauni said...

Although I don't know who Dr. Gillings is or the impact this may have on your career- I'm sorry he can't make it to lunch with you. I agree with K's re-invite idea, maybe you will have better luck in the fall.

Elizabeth said...

you should use the secret to get your way.

Anonymous said...

The secret is a sham. Use your original plan