Now here comes the Pay it Forward Part. You leave a comment, and you get a chance to win a prize from me, with the caveat that you do the same thing on your blog. If you have no blog, you can just give a present to somebody in real life.
To qualify for the prize, you must answer this question in your comment:
What is/are your favorite thing(s) about the town/area you currently live in?
I don't know yet what the prize will be, I want to tailor it to your preferences. Good luck!
28 comments:
Well, I just moved to my town on Saturday, but so far, the thing I like best is MY NEW HOUSE! :)
Can you take a photos of just the jacket? I tried to make it bigger but it wouldn't let me.
What I like most about my city? That is is relatively close to EVERYTHING. and then when people come to do EVERYTHING, I get to see them (I just saw one of my BEST friends from Texas because her family was at Disneyland- I have seen 4 of my Texas friends that way).
Way to be in it to win it. That's twice you've won blog contests as of late. You must be the new Shiva.
Favorite thing about our city? I like that where we live feels like a community, withing a large metro area. And all of the fun things to do that weren't available in the tiny town that I grew up in.
I like that it takes a tunnel or bridge to connect us the the bigger metro area. It keeps many people away so we have less traffic but we're still close enough to have everything within a 30 minute drive (including the beach!). I also love that we have a great casual Italian restaurant near our house. Delish!
the thing i love the most about where i live is the cute craft shops. and the parks. and the people.
I love that I live in a big city that feels like a small town. I can find most of what I want here, and if not, I just cross a bridge to Portland, OR and find it there!!!
My favorite thing about where I live is the great weather and the beach nearby!
I LOVE my town! With just 6K of us, it's hard not to know - or at least be familiar with - almost everyone. And, in such a small town I love that my kids' best friends all live in walking distance, as is the grocery store, the bank, the Runza (it's a Nebraska restaurant), and my favorite little thrift shop EVER. I love my town!
My favorite thing about the area I live in is the cheesecake sold in the gift shop of the cheese factory nearby!
The thing I love most about my town is that it has a great library and programs for kids. There is so much to do.
We just moved to our new city 2 weeks ago, and my favorite thing so far is that after putting offers in on four different houses, we finally got the house we love. We have to live in corporate housing for 5 more weeks to get it, but at least the end is near.
(I came here via Swistle)
I love the family friendly atmosphere of Cary. I love the fact that I feel like it is home. When I visited my folks this summer, someone on the plane said that I was really going home (when we were headed to SLC), but part of me screamed No! home is NC. I like the trees, the green, and all of the people. I love that there is so much for my kids to do, and how comfortable I am here. I love that I can go hiking after a ten minute drive, go to the beach in about two hours, and to the mountains in about three. There really isn't anything that I don't like.
I grew up in the middle of practically no where, so living here is nice. There are lots of great stores/restaurants nearby. Nothing too fancy, but enough that we need and can get to easily.
My favorite thing is the people who live here. They're so helpful and fun and supportive. And our sidewalks mean we can safely go places!
Congrats on the prize. I was so coveting that reusable bag!
Glad you like everything!
My favorite thing about my city is that most of my family and friends are here. We moved away for a while, but it's good to be back home and near our loved ones.
Thanks for stopping by Chic Critique and commenting!
As for our city, I love all the new restaurants and artsy events cropping up. I LUV revitalization.
My town is small. Historic. Beautiful. Quaint. My favorite thing about it is that it is unique - in the small downtown area, there are no chains. Local businesses thrive. There are tons of festivals, craft fairs, outdoor concerts, and all kinds of creative things that happen there. It is family friendly. It is unself conscious. It is full of artists. AND it is affordable!
We'll have to move away in about a year when the husband is finished with grad school, but until then, by golly, I'm going to enjoy this place!
My town is small. Historic. Beautiful. Quaint. My favorite thing about it is that it is unique - in the small downtown area, there are no chains. Local businesses thrive. There are tons of festivals, craft fairs, outdoor concerts, and all kinds of creative things that happen there. It is family friendly. It is unself conscious. It is full of artists. AND it is affordable!
We'll have to move away in about a year when the husband is finished with grad school, but until then, by golly, I'm going to enjoy this place!
Taking my child to school, I have to literally drive through an amusement park. No joke. How cool is THAT?!
the best thing about baltimore is walking along the water every night on my way home.
My home is within walking distance to:
Factory outlet mall
TWO discount stores (ross and tjmaxx)
The grocery store
A private high school that has extensive tracks and paths for walking
Horses
and there's an IKEA 5 minutes away by car. Love it.
The favorite thing about where I live is that it's on the ocean. I can go to the beach anytime I want to - for fun with the kids, a long run, or just a getaway with hubby.
What is/are your favorite thing(s) about the town/area you currently live in?
I'd have to say its a great mix of big city/small town - we live in Milwaukee. There are great museums, restaurants, festivals, you name it - but it still takes me only 10 minutes to get from my house in the 'burb to my office down town!
And re: your comment on my blog (on my non-"Mommy car") - that's a pretty stylin' mini van. They're so nice now adays its a shame they have such a poor reputation! I'll likely be in one myself soon enough. :O(
i live in a more rural town (aka LOTS of corn fields!)
i LOVE the peace and quiet and hearing my neighbors bullfrogs at night :)
Today, I like the little splash park. And my back yard. And the nice cool mall. (That is temperature, but it is trendy as well.) And for my prize, I would like a picture of your boy for the playroom wall. I don't have to win. But I still want a photo. Something fun, where he is doing something fun and we can see that it is him. (I have a bunch of Con in matching frames--and A and a are up there and I have E and e almost ready to go up....)
26 comments??? Whoa. People read you, Em!
Best thing about my town: lots of parks, great public schools, my Republican vote isn't cancelled out by many liberal neighbors...you know, the important stuff.
The ideal answer
Post a Comment