Yesterday AJ was lamenting that with H growing up and learning new things all the time, we'll soon forget about all his adorable almost-toddler ways. I've decided to make a list of some of his 15 1/2 month old glory.
His favorite book is There's a Wocket in my Pocket, but he loves all books with pictures. Uncle Tom's Cabin bores him, evidently.
His new skillz include dancing and walking, but he is very selective about when he does either. Oh, ditto to using a fork. I tried really hard to get a video of him walking because it is stinkin' cute, but this is the best I could do.
This is the look I got for not giving him the camera after he walked all the way over to get it. Of course, he wouldn't walk again until I put the camera away.
His very best friend in the world is Puppy, a Pluto that AJ picked up for him at Disneyland last March. He sleeps with him, drags him around, squeals with delight when he sees him. We believe he loves Puppy more than Mama and Daddy combined. That puppy has never ditched him or told him no.
It was a little too tricky for me to get a good shot of the love he has for Puppy.
His least favorite house rule (at least today) is plugs only in bed and at church. It's like pulling teeth to convince him to leave his plug in the crib, but when he does, he always tosses it in with great gusto, so I always cheer him on.
Favorite hygiene activities include brushing his hair, brushing his teeth, and taking a bath or shower. Least favorite: diaper changes. By a landslide.
H's favorite noise to make is a high pitched squeal. Mama's least favorite noise he makes is a high pitched squeal. Mama's favorite noises H makes include all identifiable words (especially 'Mama') and when he is babbling to his toys or books or himself, and that pleasantly surprised "mmMM!" whenever you give him something, well, pleasantly surprising.
H's favorite word and snack is "cracker," particularly of the goldfish variety.
I'm trying hard to think of his funny habits. But really, he does change every day. For the last little while he likes it when I put a little lotion on my hands and then rub it into his hands or face or whatever. Today I put lotion on my ever-expanding belly, and he decided that was The Thing To Do. He kept handing me the little lotion bottle and pulling my clothes away from my belly. For 20 minutes. Folks, I was surprised at how many times a person can put lotion on in 20 minutes. It turns out 20 minutes can be an eternity.
Other things H loves include bouncing, going outside, shoes for me and shoes for you (I'm not kidding, he LOVES wearing shoes, and if I'm on the couch in socks he will bring my garden flip-flops to me and put them on me.), cherry tomatoes - especially if he gets to pick them himself, both repetition and variety in story hour(s) (And I have told him I can only read one at a time, so he just keeps switching it up), oh, and his favorite page of the ABC book is H. Not kidding.
Anyway, I'd love it if we could have a summary of your kids at their current age. You know, in case you can't come up with anything you'd rather blog about.
5 comments:
my daughter is requesting longer video clips of baby H, please.
I am requesting longer videos of H too.
What lunch pail is he carrying around?
It is going to take me a little while to write about my boys but I will try. (I still have about 5 or more postings to catch up).
You guys really need to get a video camera, your P&S video is lousy. Also H loves to swim and please don't forget to highlight how obedient he is. I've never seen a kid be so obedient. It's how I imagine the Andrews kids were.
I'm also curious about the lunch pail. Hot wheels? Muppets? Dukes of Hazzard?
H is adorable. I totally pictured the hesitation then throwing the binkie with great gusto. YAY!!
Too cute! You will forget. In a year from now you'll look back and be so glad you shared and recorded this stuff. Its Dukes of Hazards, isn't it?
Post a Comment