Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Perspective

I think sometimes it helps to keep a little perspective - it helps me come down out of the clouds when my head gets a little too inflated. Here are a few things that happened recently that helped:


- When I interviewed for my current position, my boss mentioned to me that after our first talk, he wrote "steep learning curve" on my resume. I take this to mean that I may not have been his first choice for the work I'm doing now.

- I went to an all you can eat Chinese buffet a few weeks ago and had a fortune cookie at the end of a meal. The fortune read "Work on improving your exercise routine."

- I helped out our good friend Karen Bell the other day on a light she had troubles with. I pulled switch covers off the wall and took out switches, dropped the light and looked at the wiring, etc. In the end, it turned out the bulb was loose.


Time to share - What's happened to you recently that's given you some perspective?

2 comments:

Heather said...

oh last night when i was in a bit of a grouchy mood and i had this conversation with my 7yo:

son: "hi mom"

me: " you forgot to pick this up, and this up (pointing to things around his room)".

son:"mom, I said hi to you, your supposed to say hi back first then say other stuff..."

Cecily said...

I would share here, but lately, the kind of things that give me perspective put me in a less-than-flattering light. I will say, though, that the moral of my stories tends to be along the lines of "sometimes it's best just to shut up."