Sunday, November 01, 2009

October in a nutshell

Karen and Dave had their little boy. He looks just like his daddy and is a sweet little fella. Since I have two germ-laden little guys of my own, I don't get to spend a whole lot of time with him yet. That's a bummer.

E turned one. I made cupcakes, and of course, it needs to be dark, like chocolate, but I had no chocolate, so I made red velvet cupcakes. By the end it looked like he had murdered someone with his tiny bare hands. And eaten them.
We went to DC for a business trip for AJ. It was a lot of fun, and H can tell you who lives in the white house, and he can almost pronounce the name of that tall, tall building we went in (the Washington Monument). Also, because H calls that city Washington CD, I made him a mix entitled H's Washington CD with most of his favorite songs. It's pretty great.

Upon arriving home, we switched H over to a big boy bed. He loves it and has been doing really well.

For Halloween, we dressed as burritos to get our freebies at Chipotle. Then we switched H over to lion and E to giraffe, and we did a little trick-or-treating. The boys loved it. Even more, E loved the safety sucker we let him have. In my life I have never seen such happy sticky. It was disgusting and heart-warming all at once.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I thought about going to Chipotle, but in the end I totally forgot. Did you take pictures?

Next year we could all go together!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

isn't it great to stay home!! I loved traveling with Reed when we could

karin said...

thanks for posting. You are welcome about Chipotle. We did it too and I think I will do it next year too.

AJ said...

Pictures are on Facebook.