Thursday, November 19, 2009

Big Stretch Thankful

I'm posting right now because I'm feeling a little crabby. My little baby decided poop is the new sleep. I was really hoping for adequate+ sleep today, because I have fun planned tonight. I'm going to the midnight showing of New Moon with the girlz tonight. I debated, because I generally don't go to the theater since we have one, and I don't try to stay up late, because sleeping in isn't an option with my sweet little alarm clocks, but, well, I'm going.

So that little whine brought me to about 5 things I'm thankful for:
My little alarm clocks are healthy and active. One in particular is very far from constipation, too.
I have fun planned tonight! I'm going out with the girlz!
We have a fancy pants home theater.
I'm eating waffles.
H didn't wake up from his afternoon nap until this morning at 5, but when I explained it was still the middle of the night, he cheerfully went back to sleep.

And then, and THEN! We just got back from DC where we spent the weekend with my folks and party sister. It was so much fun and we got to stay with our good friend Rachel, and eat our nation's cookies (recommended to us by a woman whose husband had had his belly button removed, according to rumor) and walk up and down the national mall, which does NOT have a national Gap, and attend pre-paid museums and events. (Not free, because, you know, we all chip in every April. Go get your money's worth, too, will you?)

Wish I had more pictures, but I wasn't so diligent with the camera. AJ did get a couple shots with me and the Father of America for the Next 3-7 Years. Yes, Mr. Obama himself. And me. Shaking hands, kissing, whatever. Barack really seemed to take a shining to me. I did get this one from Jill of my boys in the shopping cart that I guess reminded them of a roller coaster. By the way, these carts are not quite so roomy as they look.Feeling a bit less grouchy. Thanks. Thanks.

8 comments:

karin said...

That is HILARIOUS. I am glad you are taking advantage of the "free" things that I cannot. Have fun tonight. I am not going to be able to see it for weeks, so I am contemplating waiting for DVD.

Jill said...

Thanks for referring to me as your 'party sister' and I LOVE that picture of your boys. I am a little disappointed that you didn't post the one with you in the cart... :)

Kristy said...

That picture makes me happy! I love how excited they both are! What cute little kids you have. And sorry about the crankiness--it's hard to be in a cranky rut! :)

chunkymonkey said...

At least its baby pooh. For some reason that isn't so blech to me.

chunkymonkey said...

and where are your obama-n-mama photos? or was it just a card board cut out of him?

Trisha Anderson said...

Hey! I've been awful about keeping in touch (little busy teaching high school), but I read your blog occasionally and LOVE reading your comments. You make me laugh! And love seeing pictures of your boys!

Trisha Anderson said...

P.S. Sister Anderson if you don't remember my first name!

Michelle said...

Ummm...did you really meet Obama? And by the way, Elder Holland and pres. Uchtdorf's talks were my favorite...yes I'm behind in my blog reading. I want to hear what you thought about New Moon. I'll be seeing it on Monday even though I vowed I would not go see it. A friend is talking me into it. It was the one book in the series I couldn't stand.